Campus ID News
Card, mobile credential, payment and security
Winthrop Kiwibot

Winthrop adds robot delivery from Kiwibot

Andrew Hudson   ||   Sep 22, 2022  ||   ,

Winthrop University Dining Services has added robot delivery from tech startup, Kiwibot. The new food delivery solution will fulfill orders from a host of dining locations on and around the campus community.

According to an official university release, the fleet of 15 robots will operate on campus and deliver food from Simply-To-Go, Triple G's, The Crust, and bottled drinks and snacks in Markley’s. The Kiwibots will also deliver orders from two ghost kitchens operating on Winthrop's campus, Mr. Beast and Mariah’s Cookies.

The Kiwibot agreement at Winthrop is also being supported by the university's food-service provider, Sodexo. Sodexo has established a partnership with Kiwibot to provide the company's delivery solution to a growing number of college campuses across the country.

Each delivery carries a $3 delivery fee, however Kiwibot provides an optional subscription model to its campus partners to help students save on delivery fees:

  • Silver Subscription: Save $30 with the Silver subscription of 15 deliveries at $40/semester
  • Gold Subscription: Save $90 with the Gold subscription of 45 deliveries at $109/semester
  • Platinum Subscription: Save $135 with the Platinum subscription of 70 deliveries at $159/semester

“We’re looking forward to offering this new service to our community on campus,” says Helen Hoban, Dining Services general manager at Winthrop University. “No matter if you are a student living in a residence hall or faculty/staff member working late in your office, these Kiwibots will deliver to you. In addition to being a fun and convenient way to get your food delivered, they are eco-friendly and cute!”

Orders can be placed through pre-populated menus on Sodexo’s new mobile app, Everyday. Students and other Winthrop community members will be given a pickup time and a link that they can use to follow the robot’s progress in real time. The student will also receive a notification when their order has reached the designated delivery location.

In addition to standard credit/debit card payments, Winthrop students can also elect to use their campus card and Eagle Bucks declining balance funds. The university's Cafe Cash account is also accepted at select locations.

Cafe Cash is Winthrop's declining balance tender that is included with the purchase of a university meal plan. Eagle Bucks are declining balance dollars that can be purchased separately from meal plans and loaded onto Winthrop University ID Cards.

Subscribe to our weekly newsletter


Genetec stats
Dec 01, 23 /

Hybrid cloud, cyber fears, supply chain hangovers lead trends in physical security

In its annual “State of the Physical Security 2024” study, Genetec surveyed more than 5,500 end users and channel partners to get their perspectives on the market in 2023. Of the respondents, 32% were from North America and the remaining 68% were split between other regions across the globe. Key findings saw cloud-based access control […]
Amazon One Enterprise turnstile

Amazon makes move into access control space with palm biometrics

  The Amazon One Enterprise solution is a palm-based identity service that enables employees and other authorized users to access to buildings and facilities as well as computers, data, and online services. In the announcement, AWS highlights its increased security and user convenience as well as the cost savings associated with ID card issuance and […]
Northern Arizona University mobile ID
Nov 28, 23 / ,

Mobile ID drives massive growth in mobile app usage at Northern Arizona University

Northern Arizona University’s JacksCard went mobile two years ago and never looked back. The mobile credential was initially released to students in Apple Wallet, but one year later in August 2022, Android availability was added to the mix. With the help of their transaction system partner TouchNet, they accomplished the initial launch of the mobile […]
CIDN logo reversed
The only publication dedicated to the use of campus cards, mobile credentials, identity and security technology in the education market. CampusIDNews – formerly CR80News – has served more than 6,500 subscribers for more than two decades.

Join us, @NACCUorg, and @TouchNet to explore how campus card programs can successfully navigate the sales and procurement process. Join the webinar on June 6, 2 pm EDT.

Webinar: Learn how the University of Arizona uses campus cards, mobile ordering, kiosks, lockers, and robots to revolutionize campus dining. April 7, 2-2:30 EDT. Register Now at

Load More...
CampusIDNews is published by AVISIAN Publishing
315 E. Georgia St.
Tallahassee, FL 32301[email protected]
Use our contact form to submit tips, corrections, or questions to our team.
©2023 CampusIDNews. All rights reserved.